Thursday, July 8, 2010

the most awesome 18th birthday

Last friday, 2nd July 2010 was the day i turned 18! Although my friends and I were all in the midst of our common tests & i actually didnt really feel like having a party to celebrate my birthday, it was jiejie who persuaded me to have one cause its only once in our lifetime that we get to have our 18th birthday! & of course with ruyi their constant encouragement to have a party, tadaaa i decided to have one in the end hehe. Im really thankful to them otherwise i wouldn't have had such a memorable 18th birthday. it really is kinda one of the best i've had (:

initial plans were to either have it at home or at popo's house downstairs, but as the guests list was too many haha we decided home would be too small! & mummy was worried that it would rain on that day too hence its not a good idea to have it at popo's house downstairs. eventually, aunt janice was really kind & was all willing to lend me her house to hold my party! :D she actually had a company dinner that night, however she didnt go for it cause of my birthday! aww. she even took half day off to go get my surprise present!!! (she gave me my FIRST tatty bear! :DD heheheh) & they also prepared lots of drinks, snacks and even alcohol for my party hehe.

as usual with our family traditions, i invited not only my friends but also all my family members for the party! though some people were unable to turn up, there was a total of 93 people who gathered together to celebrate my birthday for me! :DDD really the biggest birthday party i've ever had haha.

the first person who wished me happy birthday was shixuan! x3 hehe so awesome to have the same birthday as her! & the first guy who wished me was kaisen early in the morning haha thankss (: the day started off with us having english paper 2 & i was really afraid cause i barely studied for it!!!!!!!! :O

however thanks to God's blessings, i felt that i was quite able to do the paper! hehehe. so thats a good thing which didnt spoil my special day :D oh that day was apparently also our youth day's celebration hence we could wear our casual wear & eu wore a dress! (: we even had ice cream treats after doing our paper hahah so nicee.

hmm yeah then i saw d's msg. was really pondering whether or not to go take it cause it was so weird but thanks sx for offering to help hahaha. omg it was so embarrassing when the classmates thought we were trying to break their lockers. then we quickly zhao hahah.

most of my friends either had smth on/going home/have more papers so they would only come to the party directly at a later time. then i went with isaac, kenric, james, david, meredith, jiansheng, minkai, adrian to lan at beauty world! HAHA. omg i cant believe it but im a member of the lan shop already. cause we needed to become members to be able to play hahah. (: lol i was probably the noob-est over there but its alright cos they'd give in sometimes & its just all for the fun of it! hahaha. played for a few hours with them before i had to rush home cause mummy was calling me, so i left first.

it was kinda raining slightly when i left so had to take umbrella so ma fan hahah. reached home, ate abit of lunch, showered and got dressed! also had to prepare the things to bring over to aunt janice's house (: haha when we reached there it felt so early i didnt know what to do! had a slight headache then but i knew i'd get well soon cause its my birthday & i didnt wanna feel sick on my special day! lol

jiejie and sheila were the first to arrive & then eu came. & not long after, the guys who went to lan arrived too hehe. they were so funny! they lined themselves up one by one outside the house (so i cant see them) & they walked in one by one to pass me a cutesy balloon each & wished me happy birthday haha. tsk they purposely placed david the last haha.

david, kenric and minkai played xbox at the 4th level while the rest of them were downstairs seeing the korean MVs! hahaha. more people gradually came and the food arrived too (: michael, ryan and jiaren even purposely went out to get a gift for me aww thanks guys! (haha cause saat called me & asked what i liked lololl)

nicole & kylie are so cute they each drew me a birthday card! ((: haha the girls and raphael were so shy in front of so many people though we all know they're usually very talkative kids! HAHA. so they all clinged onto me the whole day & followed wherever i went haha. the class played with the kids/monopoly/xbox/card games (homojelly i think) to entertain themselves while the band people koped the guest room in level 3 for their mahjong session! lol they were all so super excited when i suggested mahjong hahahaha. (: some of the band people bought me this really huge cute pink piglet!!! i really liked it alot cause its so cute and huggable hehee thanks!!! :D (heard from kris that dennis said he chose it hahah)

ruyi, kris & sx gave me a really nice board with lots of efforts put in!! they came late cause i think they only had time to do it that day hahah thanks girls! :D its a huge board with all our pictures & moments we shared together! x3 there's also a pretty pink balloon attached & they drew the 4 of us together there hahaha so niceee. its just placed beside my bed now! :D they also gave me a cute pink rabbit pencil case with 2 pairs of pink earrings in it! hahaha i know you all purposely chose pink haha ((:

nicole, calida and eu specially baked a cheesecake topped with strawberries for me! their baking skills are really good hahah thanks so much! ^^ omg it was so funny when nic told me about her coincidental similar strip shirts she wore with saat HAHAHA. its probably fate nic hehee (:

Jiali & the rest shared alot alot of pink stationary for me! hahaha all kinds of pink pens, pencil, highlighter, marker lol i have such variety now :D oh plus earrings which are pink too hehe. (btw jiali realised that david was her pri sch friend! omg such a small world :D)

Jie, ty and jh shared this cute tatty bear helium balloon! heard they went through much trouble to find and get it for me hahah xiexie ni men! they gave me tops and a really pretty necklace :)) good taste hahaha.

oh yeah and kaisen came all the way with dennis just to pass me the present they shared! he didnt wanna stay cause he felt its very weird but aww so nice of him :D i feel like he's really one of my closest guy friend now hahaha yay. can always talk rubbish/play games/studyy tgt :D

my other aunts/friends gave gifts too but haha abit lazy to write all every details. but im thankful for everything! (:

yeah the only problem with having such a big party is that i have to split myself and entertain the diff groups of friends hahaha. i think i walked the flights of stairs for 4 levels like a million times that day hahaha. even mummy's legs were aching the next day too ):

while dinnering, the whole group of ppl watched ip-man 2 together in the living room :D

the cake-cutting session was the most epic hahaha. oh yes aunt sharon surprised me when she bought me 49 pink cupcakes with the bear theme to match my birthday cake!!!!! :DD it was really such a pleasant surprise thanks yiyi! though the icing on top were really sweet but the cupcakes are actually mini cheesecakes which are really nice! haha my birthday cake was really kinda elaborate ttm cause its a huge 3D teddy bear cake and its so pretty! thanks to mummy and daddy who chose the cake for me & didnt mind it being so expensive lol. (: took so many pictures till my mouth very suan of smiling! D:

ya then the 'public announcement' of my 'boyfriend' hahaha tskkkkk. omg most of my relatives assume its true already!!! :/ haha but poor david he also had no choice but to be sporting hahah. then after cake-cutting most of them watched abit of world cup (netherlands vs brazil) while i got some time to chitchat with the crescentians! :DD oh then my classmates secretly dispersed themselves upstairs to prepare 'THE present' for me hahaha omg. james covered my eyes up the stairs till the 4th level and guess whatt, they wrapped david up in wrapping paper! HAHAHA omg so he tore through the paper when james opened his hands from my eyes lolol. i got a shock! but it was really funny hahaha. yeah & the guys got me this 'wedding card' on purpose with their messages in it lol.

haha yupp thats about it! i spent my birthday well till the last second! heheee so proud of it hahah xD


No comments: